Written by: SkinPhD
The big day that you have been planning for months is finally here! Hopefully, you have been taking good care of your skin, but now it is time for make-up and photos. All the best make-up artists would agree that the best foundation is healthy, smooth skin with a natural glow that will drastically improve the result!
So, what can you do to ensure your make-up looks perfect on your perfect day?
Here is your skincare manual:
THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
- Draw a warm bath and add 3-5 drops of SkinPhD’s Aromacology de-stress oil to help you relax, sleep peacefully and soften your skin.
- Apply a layer of SkinPhD’s PauseAge Papaya exfoliating cream (for dry skin) or Gentle AHA exfoliator (for oily skin) and relax for 10 minutes. By gently removing dead skin cells, your make-up will look more even and will not settle in dehydration lines.
- Thoroughly wash your face and dry completely.
- Apply SkinPhD’s Perfecting mask and leave on overnight to feed, soften, firm and tone, hide pores and give you that beautiful fresh-faced glow for your big day.
BEFORE APPLYING MAKE-UP
- Ensure your skin is cleansed effectively with SkinPhD’s PauseAge Delicate foaming cleanser, remove the cleanser, and then spray PauseAge Multi protective toner on your skin to increase the skin’s blood circulation for a glowing skin result.
- Now it is time to get the skin foundation ready for make-up and photos. Here we recommend SkinPhD’s Vitatherapy serum. This product is a “dry oil” that will disguise any uneven areas on your skin.
- Then apply the Dermotox anti-wrinkle serum, which will help with an immediate contour firming effect on your facial features.
- Now apply your moisturiser choice (make sure the cream is not too thick as it may make your skin look oily on your photos and not glowing. Follow up with SPF application.
- Ask one of your bridesmaids to carry the PauseAge Multi protective toner with them during your photo session so that you can sprit it over your make-up. This will keep your make-up perfect and looking fresh through your wedding day.