Written by: Esri Cronjé | Bruidsgids
Photo by: STIL
The thought of packing for your honeymoon can easily be overwhelming. Remembering all the passports, swimwear, and hotel reservations, packing becomes a lower priority. By following our honeymoon checklist, the concern of forgetting the essential items will be a thought of the past.
The destination you will travel to and the season of the year will influence your packing a lot, but there are some essentials that will remain the same.
- The airline tickets, a physical print out or a digital copy on your phone.
- Passports, visas, identity documents, and driver’s license. We suggest you make photocopies of all of the above-mentioned documents – just in case.
- Credit cards for unforeseen events.
- All the reservation confirmations like the hotel and restaurant bookings.
- Contact details of your doctor as well as all your banking details and passwords.
- Pack your prescription medication in its original bottle with the original prescription the doctor wrote to avoid an unpleasant situation at customs.
- Remember your birth control pills and condoms.
- A camera to capture all the memorable moments of your honeymoon.
There are some essentials you should rather buy before you leave for your honeymoon and avoid purchasing it at the destination, as it will most likely be overpriced.
- Insect repellent and malaria medication, depending on your destination.
- Sunscreen, lip balm, after-sun, and Aloe Vera gel.
- Aspirin and motion sickness pills.
- A pair of sunglasses.
- An adapter if you are travelling overseas.
Here are some bathroom essentials that will be a helpful guideline to use for your honeymoon.
- A travel-size toothbrush and toothpaste to have optimal packing space.
- The ‘stay-fresh’ basics like deodorant, soap, shampoo & conditioner, and a nail clipper.
- A travel-friendly cosmetic case with only the essentials.
- Make-up remover, cotton balls, and wet wipes.
- All the hair necessities such as; a brush and comb, gel or hairspray, and hair accessories.
- Remember a sharp razor and shaving cream.
Sometimes it is nice to have extras to ensure you have everything in case of an emergency. Some of these items include;
- An extra pair of glasses or contact lenses.
- Remember an asthma inhaler.
- A few Ziplock bags in case you want to pack a swimsuit that is still wet or to prevent the shampoo or soap to run all over your clothes.
- A sewing kit if something accidentally gets ripped.
For the loved ones, you leave behind when you leave for your honeymoon, there are a few things you should make sure they have.
- The itinerary of your trip and all the numbers of the hotels you will be staying at.
- Photocopies of your passports and identity documents.
- Insurance policies and all your legal documents.
These are only a few guidelines for your honeymoon – if you accidentally forget something stay calm and remember why you are there; to enjoy the time with your new husband.