Written by: Esri Cronje | Bruidsgids
Photo By: Married by Andy
We all love an exciting Master of Ceremonies at weddings, but it can be difficult to find the perfect one to suit your wedding needs. The MC is responsible for ensuring the wedding goes as smoothly as possible, taking the pressure off the special couple.
Many couples decide to give the honour of MC to the best man or a close friend to give the wedding a personal and unique touch, but you can also make use of available MC services. The MC will be responsible for the introduction of guests and the bridal party, keeping the wedding on track, facilitating the activities such as; speeches and wedding games, and running the wedding effortlessly when unforeseen circumstances occur.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your wedding MC:
- Confidence: Ensure the MC is a social butterfly – there should never be a dull moment during the wedding.
- What they bring to the table: When you decide to hire an unknown MC, check which services are provided and which will come at an additional cost. Many MCs provide photo booths, custom music, and props like lighting, special effects, and stages.
- Humorous: A sense of humour is a key characteristic when choosing your wedding MC. Make sure your MC isn’t a nervous wreck when speaking to people and he or she can create a pleasant atmosphere for your wedding.
- Personal touch: When you decide to choose a close friend as your master of ceremonies, guarantee he or she really knows you as a couple. The MC should also be aware of what the boundaries are in terms of joking – stay away from inside-jokes and inappropriate stories about your youthful past.
- Organised: The MC will determine the flow of the wedding, including; helping guests gather for photos, assist guests in finding their seats, introduce all the speakers at the wedding, announce the first dance, and explaining the meal service and cake cutting. Thus, it is important to know your MC will stick to the discussed time frame.
- Good communicator: When an unforeseen problem arises, the master of ceremonies should be able to communicate effectively to make sure the problem goes away undetected by the bride or groom.
So, when choosing the master of ceremonies make sure he or she understands exactly what is expected of them to ensure a perfect wedding day!