Written by: Bruidsgids
Photo by: 1079 Life
Can’t figure out what to spoil your soon-to-be husband with on both your special day? Looking to find something special as a reminder of the day? Your groom would also like to feel special. Spread the love with a small sentimental, informal gift exchange between yourselves on the morning of the wedding. These gifts never have to cost an arm and a leg; neither should it be trouble to find. This would need to be a well thought of gift with special meaning and has to come from the heart.
Seeing as you are very spoilt on your wedding day, wearing new jewellery, a new dress and most likely new shoes, it is only fair that you spoil your groom with not only the gift of marrying him, but also getting him something sentimental.
Keep in mind; these gifts do not have to be material things. Find out what is your groom’s love language, and give a gift accordingly. We have rounded up some of our top ideas of what could be very sentimental to your future husband!
1. A personalised watch: Nothing says timeless quite like a quality watch. Engrave a short special message on the bottom of the watch. This way, you are wherever he is.
2. Cosy socks: help him out with his ‘cold feet’.
3. Hide personalised stitching somewhere only he will see, this can be in his collar, behind his tie or in his suit blazer. Stitch up something small to remind him that you love him.
4. Handwritten letters: Go for something simple, a handwritten note before the wedding will calm his nerves and this way you can share your own excitement about getting married to him. Spritz a bit of your perfume on the letter to make him feel like you are with him.
5. Map of the stars: Do you have a bit of a helpless romantic as a partner? Get a map of the stars with the co-ordinates of where you met. It not only makes a beautiful art piece in your home but is just as symbolic for you both. Make sure your stars are aligned forever.
6. His favourite whisky & cigars. This is to calm his nerves jitters before walking down the aisle. He can share this with his groomsmen while getting ready.
Whatever you decide to get or make for your groom, remember that he will love whatever you decide to give him. He is marrying you for you, and gifts from you will always be sentimental to him.