Written by: Evadetem Skin Salon
Photo by: Unknown
Is a wedding not the celebration of the ultimate connection with your soulmate?
If you agree then you won’t think the skin is that strange if I told you that it was also made for connection. During a baby’s development the skin-brain-gut has a connection point in development. Therefore as bride-to-be it is really important to get your beauty sleep, yes you heard me correctly…
- A beauty sleep has a real scientific background. When we don’t get our 6-8 hours’ sleep per night our brain does not get rid of all the build-up toxins in our brain cells, leaving us to wake up to a thumbing headache, sallow skin colouration and those much hated blue-circles under our eyes due to that sluggish lymphatic system or overworked liver.
- You will need to focus on drinking 2 litres of water a day, and don’t be like me and down it all in one gulp. That will just flush out your minerals that in turn will also cause your liver to work harder to maintain homeostatic electrolyte balance. Water will help reduce constipation, help the nutrition in the blood flow to where it is needed in the body and activate millions of other enzymatic functions to help your body, help itself. It will help you think clearer and dream bigger! It will also aid in diluting your sweat and urine and minimize the strong odour ( keep that tip in your pocket for the honeymoon).
- Bananas, dragon fruit and potatoes are all like superfoods for your liver. Now you might be thinking, brain-gut-skin connection has nothing to do with your liver, but you are wrong. Your liver is your best friend in your body and without it, your blood could become so toxic-so quick that your heart, brain and skin could be poisoned in a matter of days. When we struggle with constipation and then start getting breakouts on our face, this could be your very first sign of an overworked liver. Breakouts are definitely the last thing you want to worry about on your special day!
- Having a healthy gut microbiome, can not only alleviate signs of acne, headaches, eczema, and sluggish lymphatic drainage and low energy levels but it can also reduce those constant bladder infections. So focus on getting your greens in without any oily salad dressing at least once a day.
- So I’ll be closing off with the last pointer. It is very normal to struggle with blue circles under the eyes if you are currently using chronic anti-depressants. Don’t worry about that, make-up can cover it, but what you can do is introduce a healthier thinking habit. It takes 21 days to break a toxic thought and about 64 days to engrave a new healthy one. Strive to be the very best you for your husband and future family. For more info about this, Caroline Leaf, has written books about this with scientific evidence.